February 4: I can sand now

Spent what little time I had sanding the headstock into shape.

DSCF6846 DSCF6847

Originally I cut the headstock off at an angle, hoping to glue it together with the headstock at an angle. Problem was, I did not saw perfectly straight, and it was at the angle both paralllel to the neck, and perpendicular…

I decided to glue it back on as it was, and glued two ‘thin’ sheets of pine to the bottom. After an hour session of sanding, the headstock was done. Drilled in some holes for the machine heads and it’s pretty much sorted (in terms of head stock related agendas.)

DSCF6848

Still needs a lot of work, but it’s half-term after next week, and though it pains me to be away from my students, I will surely not weep. Not with all the free time I will waste into this.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s