March 1: I have levelled up my sanding skills

With Febrary’s uke done, I’ve moved swiftly onto March’s. I’ve posted it up already, but here’s the design for the next uke.

photo(1)

I had sawed the neck and head stock a while ago, and spent today’s session sanding the thing to near perfection.

DSCF7020

DSCF7021 DSCF7022

I’ve got the nut and bridge ready, going again with cattle bone as it was the cheapest ‘white’ ones I could find. You can also see that I’ve sanded a ‘slide’ for the strings to reach the hole where the tuners will be. I’ve mentioned it before, the headstock design follows circuitandstrings’ electric uke guide.

It’s going to be fretless as mentioned before, so I thought of another cool thing to add to this uke.

DSCF7025

Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s