With so much marking this weekend, I decided to run away to the garage. I finished the majority of the body today.
I did the headstock and neck last week, set to work on the body. After an hour, I ended up with the sides finished.
I used plywood for the front and back as I couldn’t find any sheets of pine wood. I also rounded off two corners as in the design posted earlier. Below, you can see I added a piezo transducer to make it electric as well. Piezos don’t pick up bass so well, but it’s better than nothing.
Stopped myself from finishing it off, I have a lot to do. It’s completely strange that I only have a few hours to myself every week to relax. I’ve been doing college work every possible hour, and I’m up for 18 hours a day. Times like these I wonder why anyone would become a teacher. We all love to teach, but it’s like loving cats, and all you get to do is change litter boxes. Ok, it’s not that bad, but yeah. I’m still young, but I can see that after a few years of teaching, I’m going to lose my passion for it. Especially since I can’t cope well with students leaving.
Well, enough of my rant, you might be able to see March’s namesake in some of the photos. More on that next week though, hopefully it’ll be done then.