Today I finished off April’s ukulele, the ‘bonsai’ ukulele. I will write up some more details later, but here’s the rest of the build process.
Here are those beautiful F type clamps doing what they do best. I’m clamping the fretbard here, earlier I attached the neck to the body.
With the body finished I made a stencil to add some spice to the mix. Originally I wanted the uke to be green, but opted for a bare wood look, with some green design on the front.
With everything pretty much in check, I glued the bridge/saddle on and waited patiently.
And there it is. The ‘bonsai’ ukulele. Needless to say, April’s namesake is ‘bonsai.’ This is the uke to celebrate Spring. I have taken circuitandstring’s wonderful design and completely took it into an impractical direction. It plays, but you have to deal with a tree in the way.
Here it is with the rest of the family. From the bottom to the top, we have December to April. Their namesake’s are death, hole, monochrome, wanderer, and now finally bonsai joins the fray.
I haven’t kept bonsais before, and probably a lot of bonsai people will be fuming at what I’ve done, but I’ll try my best in keeping this thing alive. I’ll be sure to upload a video when the strings have stretched properly.
Now it’s time to start on May, and finally make half way on my little journey into uke making.